Skip to main content

Let me Introduce to You....

Where did I leave off.....

Oh yeah!!!

I am engaged to a wonderful, guy who is my best friend. He is so very sweet and romantic! Though anyone who knows him may not think soo!!

Our  wedding date is set for September 21, 2013! Its actually come up soo quick and I am starting to get very excited! I got my dress in June and I kind of forget what it looks like!!!! It soo pretty and white though, I can't go into to much detail just in case "he" reads it! But,  I will share soon enough. =)

I went dress shopping with my Maid of Honour this last Saturday looking for dresses for all of my bridesmaids. At the beginning, I actually thought that maybe we would have to do all different dresses, only because my bridesmaid, are all such different shapes and sizes it is wild! We started out the day and she tried on a few short ones (which is what i wanted originally), but i just kept getting pulled towards the long ones, quite surprisingly. We found  a couple of dresses, and the one that i really loved was like 400 dollars and i just could never ask my girls to ever ever ever spend that much. So, finally at the very last store and the VERY last dress....i fell inlove!!! So did she! She tried it on and I was like oh my goooosh!! It looked wonderful on her but I kind of had a few worries that it might not look the same on the girls that were a bit bigger then her. So, the lady also had it in my size, I tried it on and surprise surprise it looked just as nice on me!!!

We ended the day and I was sooo very happy, it is beautiful and it is going to look beautiful on all my girls!!

On that note!! Let me introduce you to my wonderful wedding party:

Steph (Maid of Honour) - We met when we were very young, however we never really became close until, she came to school with us in grade 7. The rest is history as far as our friendship... We are probably 2 of the most opposite people in the entire world. But the one thing we really do share is our love for each other. She is one of my most dear friends and it wasn't even a question when I needed to decide who my maid of honor was.

Paige (Maid of Honour)- She is my big sister and someone i look up to for almost everything. Her opinion matters so very much to me and I couldn't imagine planning my wedding without her help. She has a great eye for things and has lots of experience with weddings =) There is no way, I could get married without having my sister by my side.

Megan- She is tied for my very oldest friend, I met her when I was 4 years old! She is the most beautiful person I have ever met, inside and out. She has the best sense of humour and honestly whenever we hang out we do nothing but laugh constantly. She is such a bright person and I knew that she would support me in whatever decisions i made, yet still tell me if she thought it wasn't the best idea! It wasn't even a question when asking her.

Heather- This is the girl that Megan is tied with!!!! They have been my very best friends for over 15 years and that is the most remarkable thing in the world. There is not one memory from school or a summer that didn't involve Heather. She is the sweetest and most endearing person I have ever met. The best part about our friendship is literally that we don't have to talk for days, weeks or months and the second we start talking again. it feels like its only been 1 day.

Rebecca- Where do I start! This girl is absolutely wild! But that being said, never have i ever met anyone with a heart of gold as big as her. She has been there for me through so many different rough patches in my life. We met in grade 11 and have been best friends ever since. I don't know what I would have done without her in high school and that is exactly how i felt when adding her to my wedding party.

Monika- The most understanding and thoughtful friend I think I may have ever had before. She knows many things about me, some bad and yet she still looks at me with respect and understands that we all make mistakes. I am so lucky to have her in my life and I'm so thankful for AP English, or else I don't know if we would be as close. She was definitely a no-brainer to be in my party!


There you go! Those are my girls! I am so lucky to have so many true and wonderful friends in my life and I wish I could have asked them all to be up there beside me.
<3  R.D.F & B.L.M <3

I am so thankful for the people in my life and I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for them!!

Tomorrow, I will get a little more into the wedding!!

=)

xoxox
Shelby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Very Own Eulogy and Obituary.

This may be a morbid one! I had to write my own eulogy and obituary for a class! Enjoy! Obituary: Shelby Robyn Collett, 23, of Calgary, Alberta passed away on November 12, 2015 after fighting a very long and hard battle. She was born on January 25, 1992 in Drumheller, Alberta, she was the only daughter of Ralph Collett and Yvonne Comstock. She graduated from Strathmore High School in 2010 and was in the middle of completing her teaching degree at Mount Royal University. Shelby is survived by her parents, her grandparents, George and Jewel Comstock, her sister Paige Severtson (Brad), her brother Casey Collett (Pam) and her nieces and nephews, Dayne, Kali, Carson, Grady and Lila. Along with numerous special aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.  A celebration of Shelby's life will be held in Hussar, Alberta on November 17, 2015 and Shelby made a request that bright colours are to be worn as well as that in lieu of flowers please make donations to a charity of your choice.

My Biggest Fears.

So, I was having a tough time coming up with ideas for my blog and my sister sent me a few ideas that I could use and one of them was phobias, so that made me think about everything and it made me realize that I have a few fears in my life that really really scare me. Also, I am gonna try and get pictures for this blog as well.... but it will freak me out so I hope you realize what I am going through lol.  I will start with the least and end with the biggest fear! Here we go! =) 3. Clowns. OMG. Please do not laugh because I am not kidding. I am petrified of clowns. I have no idea why but they scare the shit of out me. I have this fear that I am going to be locked in a carnival or something and the only things around are clowns. I remember one year we went to Screamfest and there was a clown walking around and I looked at it and thought to myself... he is gonna come up to me I know it. Well what do you know, as we are waiting in line he comes up behind me and whispers in my ear. To

My Top 5 Actresses!

So, I was thinking the other day about blog posts I could make, and I figured, why not give you my top 5 favourite movies, songs, actors and actresses! So, to start it off.... my top 5....Actresses~ 1. Scarlett Johanssen - I have always loved her, even when I saw her for the first time in Eight Legged Freaks, one of my favourite movies she has been in was Scoop, and of course Iron Man. I did like her in the Avengers, however I felt that she wasn't necessarily the best "Russian" they could have gotten. She did do well as Black Widow though. When her and Ryan Renoylds got married, I was so happy, they seemed like they perfect couple and I really liked them both as actors. She has such a classic look about her, it is wonderful. I feel like the thing with her, is you either LOVE her or you really HATE her! I think she is very unique and a wonderful person for young girls to look up to. 2. Amy Adams- How could you not love this red headed beauty! She is fabulous an