Skip to main content

First Things First!

My name is Shelby. I am a indecisive 20 year old from Alberta!

I was born and raised in Alberta, I am from a teeny tiny town that no one has ever heard of. So,  half the time I don't even tell people. It just creates a big mess of trying to explain where it is and the other person truly thinking that it is somewhere in Siberia. 

I was born on January 25th , to two people who have been together for about 26 years now! Never married though, just engaged =) It is sooo confusing trying to explain to people my parents situation! We have 2 houses, because my Dad works in the city 6 days out of the week. Everyone just assumes my parents are divorced, seeing as how they don't get to live together and they have different last names! I would probably assume the same thing if someone told me that weird story haha!

I have 1 sister that is my very best friend. She is 9 years older then me, is married with 2 kids and 1 more on the way!!! She has 2 little boys that are absolutely my world! They are sooo cute, they are 4 and 6 years old and i just cannot wait for her to have the next!!!

I also have a brother who is 10 years older then me! He is married as well, and also has 2 kids! They are just as adorable, 1 girl and 1 boy!!! My nephew loves playing hockey and he is definitely a little fire cracker. Speaking of fire crackers, that would definitely describe my niece!!!! She loves wearing dresses but somehow always seems to be the dirtiest or playing in the dirt! She is definitely the best of both worlds!


Now, that you know a little more about my family, here is a little more about me!!!


Like I said at the beginning, I am indecisive pretty much about everything. I went to hair school right out of high school and graduated with my diploma in hair design. Problem? I hate doing hair! Oh well, lesson learned. So, now I work in a hair salon  as a receptionist!!! I honestly LOVE  my job and wish i made way more money doing it =( ... i'd probably stay there forever. But, I decided that I should go back to school. 
I am starting in December and I am taking Human Services. Mostly, I am interested in being a guidance counselor. I have always loved working with children and I think this will be the best path for me!!!

I have a kitty named Snowball! He is sooo pretty! He was a rescue, so he is very lovely but unbelievably skittish and pretty anti- social. Until around 11 at night! Then he comes out to play =)
I have always had animals growing up, so when I didn't have one, I was pretty sad and decided that I just had to get one!!!

Oh YEAH!


I almost forgot! =P 


I am also engaged to the most amazing guy in the world, he is sooo sweet and loving! More on that later ;)

That's my opening!!

Stay tuned, more to come!!!

-Shelby xoxo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Very Own Eulogy and Obituary.

This may be a morbid one! I had to write my own eulogy and obituary for a class! Enjoy! Obituary: Shelby Robyn Collett, 23, of Calgary, Alberta passed away on November 12, 2015 after fighting a very long and hard battle. She was born on January 25, 1992 in Drumheller, Alberta, she was the only daughter of Ralph Collett and Yvonne Comstock. She graduated from Strathmore High School in 2010 and was in the middle of completing her teaching degree at Mount Royal University. Shelby is survived by her parents, her grandparents, George and Jewel Comstock, her sister Paige Severtson (Brad), her brother Casey Collett (Pam) and her nieces and nephews, Dayne, Kali, Carson, Grady and Lila. Along with numerous special aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.  A celebration of Shelby's life will be held in Hussar, Alberta on November 17, 2015 and Shelby made a request that bright colours are to be worn as well as that in lieu of flowers please make donations to a charity of your choice.

My Biggest Fears.

So, I was having a tough time coming up with ideas for my blog and my sister sent me a few ideas that I could use and one of them was phobias, so that made me think about everything and it made me realize that I have a few fears in my life that really really scare me. Also, I am gonna try and get pictures for this blog as well.... but it will freak me out so I hope you realize what I am going through lol.  I will start with the least and end with the biggest fear! Here we go! =) 3. Clowns. OMG. Please do not laugh because I am not kidding. I am petrified of clowns. I have no idea why but they scare the shit of out me. I have this fear that I am going to be locked in a carnival or something and the only things around are clowns. I remember one year we went to Screamfest and there was a clown walking around and I looked at it and thought to myself... he is gonna come up to me I know it. Well what do you know, as we are waiting in line he comes up behind me and whispers in my ear. To

My Top 5 Actresses!

So, I was thinking the other day about blog posts I could make, and I figured, why not give you my top 5 favourite movies, songs, actors and actresses! So, to start it off.... my top 5....Actresses~ 1. Scarlett Johanssen - I have always loved her, even when I saw her for the first time in Eight Legged Freaks, one of my favourite movies she has been in was Scoop, and of course Iron Man. I did like her in the Avengers, however I felt that she wasn't necessarily the best "Russian" they could have gotten. She did do well as Black Widow though. When her and Ryan Renoylds got married, I was so happy, they seemed like they perfect couple and I really liked them both as actors. She has such a classic look about her, it is wonderful. I feel like the thing with her, is you either LOVE her or you really HATE her! I think she is very unique and a wonderful person for young girls to look up to. 2. Amy Adams- How could you not love this red headed beauty! She is fabulous an