Skip to main content

Worry. Worry. Worry. All I Do Is Worry.

Well, the title says it all... This is something that I deal with every single day and it's not just a simple worry that I think most people deal with, it's a worry that makes me physically ill, a worry that drives the people I love crazy, a worry that literally eats me up inside. Some days, I think that I am just worrying my life away, waiting for something horrible to happen, losing sleep because I really have a horrible feeling that something is wrong. It's not about getting bombed, or an act of terrorism, it's isn't that I have some sort of disease or I am dying, it's that something has happened to the people that I love. That one day, one of them is going to wake up and realize that they don't need me as much as I need them or need me at all. This type of anxiety is beyond painful and for someone who doesn't deal with it, it seems almost surreal to them. That some minuscule things could affect me in such a way... But when my mom leaves the city to drive home and she doesn't let me know she has made it, my mind creates the most horrible and yet simplest conclusions, that she has died. I know that may sound absurd and I absolutely hate that my mind goes to that but I can't help it. So tonight, I sit here writing because I can't sleep. Even though I am unbelievably tired, I feel that somewhere, something is wrong with someone I love. Although, I have texted or talked to the people who know that my mind goes to these awful places to make sure they are okay, I can't shake the feeling.  I think another thing that is really hard for me is that I love and depend on these people so much, it scares me. The thought of not being apart of their lives or not having them in mine is truly detrimental to me and it feels awful because it really does give those few people a lot of power over me, and although I have lost people I never thought I could live without and I've survived, it's not something I ever want to go through. But in my 23 years of worrying life, I have found some people who completely understand where I am coming from and are never angry at me for texting them a million times  to see if they are okay just because I have a bad feeling and the friends that can't understand because their minds simply don't work like that, try their best to understand what I am dealing with everyday, Anxiety is a horrible, horrible thing that can truly ruins people's days, years or if left alone, lives. As much as I try to be carefree and let things come to me if they are meant to, it's just not who I am. Although, I wish more than almost anything that I was. I am not an easy person to love sometimes. I think that on the exterior I can come off as stand offish to some people, a little further down, I am easier to love. I am thoughtful, I try my best to be kind and good, but deep, deep down, the Shelby that only a select amount of people get to see is hard to love some days, I know that and that is why I appreciate the people who see who I truly am and  not the person my anxiety makes me out to be. I am an extremely self aware person and I know my emotions very well. However, just because I have let you into a very personal thing I deal with, doesn't mean I am a weak person. I believe it takes a lot of courage to have a kind heart in a cruel world. Someone I once knew sent me this quote and I couldn't agree more. It does take courage.



So, to my friends and family who "deal" with me and my anxiety, I would like to say this: I like being in control, I like knowing what you're doing, where you are, I don't need to know who you're with, or what movie you might be seeing, I just need to know that you are okay and not because I don't trust you but because I worry about you, constantly. Because I love you so much it scares me.

If you love someone, friend, significant other, parent, sibling, anyone who deals with this sort anxiety, please remember one thing: be kind. They know that they are hard to deal with sometimes, they know that some of the things they say are irrational.


I found this link and I think it really outlines some great points if you love someone who deals with anxiety, so take a look if you want. 13 Things To Remember If You Love Someone With Anxiety




Thank you for reading today. I am sorry I have been very absent with my blogging lately, I have been going through a lot of personal things that have made it hard for me to focus my attention on any other things and if I can, it has to be school because that is what keeps me busy these days. I hope that one day I am able to talk about what I am going through, and dealing with but until then, thank you to all of you for being apart of my life. Remind the people in your life that you love them.

Xo

-Shelb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Very Own Eulogy and Obituary.

This may be a morbid one! I had to write my own eulogy and obituary for a class! Enjoy! Obituary: Shelby Robyn Collett, 23, of Calgary, Alberta passed away on November 12, 2015 after fighting a very long and hard battle. She was born on January 25, 1992 in Drumheller, Alberta, she was the only daughter of Ralph Collett and Yvonne Comstock. She graduated from Strathmore High School in 2010 and was in the middle of completing her teaching degree at Mount Royal University. Shelby is survived by her parents, her grandparents, George and Jewel Comstock, her sister Paige Severtson (Brad), her brother Casey Collett (Pam) and her nieces and nephews, Dayne, Kali, Carson, Grady and Lila. Along with numerous special aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.  A celebration of Shelby's life will be held in Hussar, Alberta on November 17, 2015 and Shelby made a request that bright colours are to be worn as well as that in lieu of flowers please make donations to a charity of your choice.

My Biggest Fears.

So, I was having a tough time coming up with ideas for my blog and my sister sent me a few ideas that I could use and one of them was phobias, so that made me think about everything and it made me realize that I have a few fears in my life that really really scare me. Also, I am gonna try and get pictures for this blog as well.... but it will freak me out so I hope you realize what I am going through lol.  I will start with the least and end with the biggest fear! Here we go! =) 3. Clowns. OMG. Please do not laugh because I am not kidding. I am petrified of clowns. I have no idea why but they scare the shit of out me. I have this fear that I am going to be locked in a carnival or something and the only things around are clowns. I remember one year we went to Screamfest and there was a clown walking around and I looked at it and thought to myself... he is gonna come up to me I know it. Well what do you know, as we are waiting in line he comes up behind me and whispers in my ear. To

My Top 5 Actresses!

So, I was thinking the other day about blog posts I could make, and I figured, why not give you my top 5 favourite movies, songs, actors and actresses! So, to start it off.... my top 5....Actresses~ 1. Scarlett Johanssen - I have always loved her, even when I saw her for the first time in Eight Legged Freaks, one of my favourite movies she has been in was Scoop, and of course Iron Man. I did like her in the Avengers, however I felt that she wasn't necessarily the best "Russian" they could have gotten. She did do well as Black Widow though. When her and Ryan Renoylds got married, I was so happy, they seemed like they perfect couple and I really liked them both as actors. She has such a classic look about her, it is wonderful. I feel like the thing with her, is you either LOVE her or you really HATE her! I think she is very unique and a wonderful person for young girls to look up to. 2. Amy Adams- How could you not love this red headed beauty! She is fabulous an