Skip to main content

Sorry, You Can Only Wear Crop Tops if You're a Size 2.





So, I spend lots of time reading other blogs of all sorts and I came across one blog that a 17 year old girl who was writing about having  a hard time in high school with everything, mean girls, boys, pressure from her family and from the media. Well, this particular post was about a couple of girls who called her a whale and told her that "you can only wear a crop top if you're a size 2 and you look like a size 14." Well this just really bothered me more than other blogs or posts I had read and maybe it is because I have become invested in this girls blog and I have gotten to know her through her posts and emails we have exchanged. I felt that I could completely relate to her, I remember having severe self image issues when  I was in high school. I remember back then I thought I was huge and now I see pictures of me then and I'm like AWE DAMN! Why don't  I look like that anymore. We never seem to be happy with what we have and always want more, I find. Oh well, over the years since high school I have become much more content and even happy with myself and I think my confidence shows through. Not saying that I don't have downer days, but I think everyone does, no matter what size you are.

What honestly bothers me, is that so many girls feel the need to be mean to other girls for no reason other than the fact that they think it is some sort of competition. I do not see why we have to compete, someone will always have at least one thing we wish we had, but people feel the same way about you. Like, for example, I wish I had long legs! But I do not and that will literally never change, |I stopped growing when  I was 14, it has been almost 10 years, so I have given up on that dream. However, I am sure that people wish they had my awesome rap skills and that is just some natural born talent. So I will take my rap and my stubby legs and be happy with that!
Perfection does not exist and when girls compare themselves to models in magazines and celebrities, well, those ladies are beautiful no doubt about it, but photoshop takes them from beautiful to impossibly perfect. Life would just be so much easier if we stopped being mean to each other, we started complimenting each other, it is not a competition and the girls who are constantly putting other girls down because of their size are usually the most insecure of all... but if we complimented each other every time instead of saying some sort of snarky comment, we would all be a lot more secure in our skin. 

Okay, so back to this crop top crap. I LOVE crop tops, I think they are bloody adorable. Do I have an ideal body type or shape for crop tops? Technically no, I do not. I don't have a flat stomach and that is the area of your body that is being displayed when you wear them. But, I think the only thing you really need to pull them off is some fierce confidence.
Plus, if crop tops were only for people who were a size 2 or smaller than they wouldn't come in any sizes bigger than that and I own about 5 so, I can promise you they come in sizes bigger than a small. After emailing with my friend about her blog, she said she felt that she couldn't wear anything to show off her body because it isn't perfect... but my goodness girly, I wish you could see yourself through my eyes because you are beautiful, and funny! People like funny. Confidence is so hard to build up and so easily shattered, it's alot like trust. I told her that anyone who wants to wear a crop top should wear the damn thing. So, here I am in my favourite crop top and I am for sure no size fucking 2.  I am not sure I have ever in my life been a size 2 and I never will be, well maybe my thigh. So a part of me is a size 2.  WOO!

This post is for me and all of you readers but it is mostly for this amazingly smart girl that I have gotten the chance to get to know. Remember that sometimes, high school sucks but there is such a big world out there, sometimes people are mean but it's usually because they are insecure themselves or they are just jealous of you. Confident people lift people up and insecure people tear people down. 




So, enjoy my crop top, I am sorry if it is offensive because I don't fit the media's idea of a crop top body. 






Love yourself, life is so much more beautiful if you do. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Very Own Eulogy and Obituary.

This may be a morbid one! I had to write my own eulogy and obituary for a class! Enjoy! Obituary: Shelby Robyn Collett, 23, of Calgary, Alberta passed away on November 12, 2015 after fighting a very long and hard battle. She was born on January 25, 1992 in Drumheller, Alberta, she was the only daughter of Ralph Collett and Yvonne Comstock. She graduated from Strathmore High School in 2010 and was in the middle of completing her teaching degree at Mount Royal University. Shelby is survived by her parents, her grandparents, George and Jewel Comstock, her sister Paige Severtson (Brad), her brother Casey Collett (Pam) and her nieces and nephews, Dayne, Kali, Carson, Grady and Lila. Along with numerous special aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.  A celebration of Shelby's life will be held in Hussar, Alberta on November 17, 2015 and Shelby made a request that bright colours are to be worn as well as that in lieu of flowers please make donations to a charity of your choice.

Turning 25 and the Changes that Came Along With It!

So, in January I turned 25 but with 25 came a lot of changes in my life and inside of myself. I decided that it was time to take a break from school after going for what feels like forever. I began to change my outlook on careers, relationships, kids, material things, everything honestly.  I began to realize that there are so many things in this world that don't have to be absolutes. A friend of mine asked me who I was 5 years ago and it got me thinking about how much I have changed and how much I have grown. "Who was I five years ago?" Well, there were 3 things that came to mind, these 3 things that I was so sure I wanted. 1. I wanted to get married. 2. I wanted to be a mom. 3. I wanted to be a teacher. Pretty common things, I think. Things I was sure I would never waiver on, so sure that I would tell anyone who asked me. This is what I want and this is what I intend on achieving. 5 years ago,  I was on my way, and I sit here today years later, having achieved no