Skip to main content

Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This.

This is going to be one that is unbelievably personal... I know that my other ones have been as well but this is something that is really hard for me to talk about and the hardest one to share.... So bear with me. And be kind.





There are people out there who always seem to be happy and look on the bright side all of the time. I truly wish I was one of those people... I can be pessimistic and really down somedays and alot of the time these are the days when I just lock myself in my room or go for a walk and try to do something that make me happy. When I have my highs I am elated; to be around people, to go to school. go to work, heck to do anything really... But when I have my lows, it is internal, and although I may be smiling or laughing, something on the inside just brings me down and it is taking all of my energy just to do that. There are very few things and people I rely on to help me when I am stuck in these ruts. Those are the days when it seems like everything is going wrong and no matter what I try to do I can't seem to beat it. So, on days like this, like I said, I keep to myself. I read, write, go outside, really take the time to focus on myself and remind myself how lucky I am to have all the amazing people in my life. But even then, sometimes nothing seems to help and I'm just sad. I am good at masking it, I think but somedays are much harder than others and nothing is harder than having someone say, "oh smile, life can't be that bad." and the funny thing is, they are right, I have no actual reason to be sad... I simply cannot control it. I can't control the thoughts I have.

For a long time, I was really embarrased by the fact I thought there was a chance that their might be something wrong. I tried to hide it and would always deny it or say "Oh I wouldn't know." After a few years, I came to term with the facts. I never talked about it, but I did alot of research. I felt like an outsider, that no one could possibly understand what I went through on a daily basis. However, after searching and finding out a whole bunch of facts, I learned that it is a chemical imbalance in your brain and that 1 in 4 people will be depressed at one point in their life and that there are a few different types of depression that people deal with. 

Now, although I said I used to be embarrased by the fact, I'm not anymore. I work really hard and do alot of things I know will help with my mood and although I have been dealing with this for a very long time it has gotten so much better. I am so thankful and happy with my life, I really am. I still have some crappy days but they are far and few between and when those days occur I know that at the end of the day, I am going to be okay. Usually there is someone in my life that helps by just being there and those are the people you have to hold onto. If someone makes you happy then that is all that matters. Everyone has their own personal life raft.

The reason I wrote this blog is simply because I hope that somehow, someway, my experiences will help other people. I want people to know that if they are suffering from what they think is depression that it's okay to talk to someone about it and it's nothing to be ashamed of. We cant change the way we are. We just have to remember the good things in life and be thankful for them. And the next time you want to tell someone to "smile because life isnt that bad" maybe take a second to think about it. There are so many things that are going on inside that persons head that you may not know about it and truth be told they probably want to smile but cannot seem to find the energy just to do that.

Be kind to the people around you. Everyone is fighting their own battles.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Very Own Eulogy and Obituary.

This may be a morbid one! I had to write my own eulogy and obituary for a class! Enjoy! Obituary: Shelby Robyn Collett, 23, of Calgary, Alberta passed away on November 12, 2015 after fighting a very long and hard battle. She was born on January 25, 1992 in Drumheller, Alberta, she was the only daughter of Ralph Collett and Yvonne Comstock. She graduated from Strathmore High School in 2010 and was in the middle of completing her teaching degree at Mount Royal University. Shelby is survived by her parents, her grandparents, George and Jewel Comstock, her sister Paige Severtson (Brad), her brother Casey Collett (Pam) and her nieces and nephews, Dayne, Kali, Carson, Grady and Lila. Along with numerous special aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.  A celebration of Shelby's life will be held in Hussar, Alberta on November 17, 2015 and Shelby made a request that bright colours are to be worn as well as that in lieu of flowers please make donations to a charity of your choice.

My Biggest Fears.

So, I was having a tough time coming up with ideas for my blog and my sister sent me a few ideas that I could use and one of them was phobias, so that made me think about everything and it made me realize that I have a few fears in my life that really really scare me. Also, I am gonna try and get pictures for this blog as well.... but it will freak me out so I hope you realize what I am going through lol.  I will start with the least and end with the biggest fear! Here we go! =) 3. Clowns. OMG. Please do not laugh because I am not kidding. I am petrified of clowns. I have no idea why but they scare the shit of out me. I have this fear that I am going to be locked in a carnival or something and the only things around are clowns. I remember one year we went to Screamfest and there was a clown walking around and I looked at it and thought to myself... he is gonna come up to me I know it. Well what do you know, as we are waiting in line he comes up behind me and whispers in my ear. To

My Top 5 Actresses!

So, I was thinking the other day about blog posts I could make, and I figured, why not give you my top 5 favourite movies, songs, actors and actresses! So, to start it off.... my top 5....Actresses~ 1. Scarlett Johanssen - I have always loved her, even when I saw her for the first time in Eight Legged Freaks, one of my favourite movies she has been in was Scoop, and of course Iron Man. I did like her in the Avengers, however I felt that she wasn't necessarily the best "Russian" they could have gotten. She did do well as Black Widow though. When her and Ryan Renoylds got married, I was so happy, they seemed like they perfect couple and I really liked them both as actors. She has such a classic look about her, it is wonderful. I feel like the thing with her, is you either LOVE her or you really HATE her! I think she is very unique and a wonderful person for young girls to look up to. 2. Amy Adams- How could you not love this red headed beauty! She is fabulous an